Click here for John Arnold's Speaking Schedule
As a result of writing Fallback Position I was asked
to speak to a national conference on Profiling, Predicting,
and Preventing Workplace Violence, so I researched
the latest in the subject and have become something of an expert
on the subject, presenting at several other venues since. The
program involves these elements:
- 12 Early Warning Signs of Workplace Violence
- 10 Risk Factors
- 20 Common Characteristics of Workforce Violence
- Top 6 Warning Signs
- 5 Security Measures to Take
- 5 Ways to Resolve Conflict
- The 3 Types of Discipline
- 5 Steps to Discipline Without Punishment
- 8 Abilities to Judge Performance
- 8 Types of Anger that Lead to Conflict
- 4 Key Trends in Human Resources
- 7 Steps to Fair and Sensitive Treatment
- 10 Steps to Proper Termination
- 3 Keys to a Successful Termination Meeting
There have been 18 killings a year in workplaces since
1980. The key to workplace violence is a feeling of being wronged
by the organization. Usually by the way the employee is fired.
9 Million are Currently Out of Work
a useful book for anyone who doesn’t own their own company. When
signing it at the Book Expo Fair in Los Angeles in June, it got
terrific reviews for being timely.
Why not? In the world of work today, 2.5 million people
have been laid off the past two years—575,000 since January. 9
million are currently out of work. Of those who still have
jobs, 75% are in industries undergoing what’s called “creative
jobs, replacing with technology, and sending jobs overseas to India,
China, Mexico. Those industries are Airline-related, Communications,
Finance, Manufacturing of Electronics, and Technology.
Workers in all those areas are at risk.
Government workers likewise are undergoing creative
deconstruction. The economy, tax cuts, terrorism--all reduced
the revenues of cities, counties, and states. Layoffs abound.
Contact me at The John E. Arnold Company: 6021 SW 29th St.
STE A #267 Topeka, KS 66614. 785-228-2143 or www.johnearnold.com for either the book
or a program on Fallback Position or Workplace Violence
Download Word File...